- If you decide to buy from us, you will be required to register with us at the checkout area of our site. At this point we do collect personal information about you. This information can identify you and includes details such as your name, mail address and email address. It is used to fulfil orders or to respond to enquiries. This information is passed from your browser to our secure server using 128-bit encryption technology which is the highest level possible. The information is held in our secure database.
- We may contact you either by post, email or telephone following up on any issues with an order or to answer any questions you may have. We will not send you any marketing or promotional emails unless you agree to it, when registering with the site. We will not pass on your e-mail address to any other company.
Data Protection Act
Our data collection and storage is governed by the rules of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and associated legislation.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties who perform functions on our behalf such as shipping, fulfilling orders, processing payments, carrying out promotional services or data management. We will only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their services and they will not be permitted to use the information for other purposes.
- You also acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law or to comply with any legal process, to prevent and detect fraud and to protect and defend our rights and property.
- Many websites store information in a small text file, called a cookie, which is kept on your computer’s hard drive. On our web site we use this facility only to store information about the products you are interested in, so when you add a product to your basket we remember this information with a cookie.
- We do not store your personal information through cookies or any of your payment information so if you come back to the site at another time, the site will still have your basket information but not any of your personal information.
- You do have the facility to switch off your cookie, however this means that you will have problems adding products to your basket.
Changes to Data Protection
If we change our terms governing data protection, we will post these changes to the website so users are aware of what information we collect. If you have any queries or concerns please do contact us.